Rinse the salmon fillets and pat dry with kitchen paper.
Trim the spring onions, discarding the tougher green end and the outer leaf. Finely slice and rinse under running water.
Warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the salmon fillets and cook over a very low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Scatter the slices, the orange and and the grated on top of the salmon and continue cooking for a further 2-3 minutes.
Pour the orange and juice over the salmon, sprinkle with salt and cook for another couple of minutes.
Notes from the cook
- This is such a simple way to give salmon zingy lift. Great food made easy!
The Juicy Bits
- Omega 3 fatty acids. Read about the health benefits of oily fish. is rich in the all-important
- The citrus fruits add powerful antioxidants and vitamin C to the dish.
- Read about the health benefts of ginger.
- Flake any leftover salmon and mix with chopped lettuce and tomatoes for a delicious sandwich filling for tomorrow's lunch.
- Energy Meal Plan - serve with Tenderstem broccoli with chilli and soy sauce.