Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil
Wash and trim the broccoli
Meanwhile, peel and bash the garlic. Put the olive oil, and chilli flakes into a frying pan and fry gently for about 2 minutes until the turns to a golden colour. Turn off the heat and remove the garlic clove.
Drain the and in a colander or sieve. Toss it into the oil and serve immediately.
Notes from the cook
- Lemon Squeezy-style fast food - quick, easy and nutritious.
- Find out All About Pasta in our special Kitchen Mate feature.
The Juicy Bits
- Great food before a night out.
- Broccoli is an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamins A and C and iron. Read about the health benefits of broccoli.
- Use wholegrain pasta for added fibre.
- To add some protein to this meal, have a pre-dinner snack of toasted almonds, and follow with low-fat Greek yogurt topped with berries.